Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Visiting thy homeland...






Hi everyone! 
Welcome to my first travel blog post!

As my parents are both from Romania and I also lived there until I was 3, we fly over to visit our relatives every once in a while. We arrived in Romania on Sunday and were pretty much just on and about meeting everybody and driving around. There wasn't anything interesting enough to take pictures of or talk about up until now, but yesterday we drove to my great-aunt's house and had a nice little barbeque. 
I had such a lovely time and took so many pictures - it was really amazing!

We had about a one hour drive and because the countryside areas in Romania aren't the most....modern, let's say, there wasn't really a proper road but more like a 2 meter wide gap in between two million square metres of fields.

My lovely great-aunt and uncle are both over 80 years old and manage to still maintain and take care of their lovely house and garden - which I respect them so much for. 
They were both teachers and have been married for over 60 years, sleeping in the same bed every single night. They are my aboslute role models and I am in such awe of them. I love them more than everything.

All in all, a great day.


7 comments:

  1. Awrh! Your holiday sounds so cool! Your doing the right thing by keeping your make-up light and to a minimum, because I do wonder how people can go full faced with make-up in this weather! My holiday adventures start next week am going France for 2 weeks! Out of Britain finally hehe! I love your outfit especially the yellow top! The sunset looks gorgeous, hope you are enjoying yourself! Would love to follow you, but you don't seem to have the GFC (Google Friends Connect) followers button! But when you do let me know so, I can keep up with your posts! If you have 5 minutes to spare from you lovely holiday, do check out my blog and maybe follow :)

    Rebecca | Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! That is so cool, I've been to France many times and I absolutely love the country, people, food and language! Everything, haha! I hope you have lots of fun and enjoy yourself too!
      I don't have GFC but I have bloglovin and google+ which are listed on the left as links :)
      I will check out your blog as well!
      Lots of love,
      Lilly

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post dear!Really like it:)
    Keep in touch
    Antonella xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie, I'm glad you did :)
      Love,
      Lilly

      Delete
  4. Just stumbled upon your blog from your comment on Louise's blog. Seems like you had a great time in Romania, the images you snapped are gorgeous I like how real and raw they seem, if that makes any sense.:) What an inspiration your grandparents are, you are lucky to have them to look up to! Looking forward to more posts! Also a quick question: what camera did you use to take these photos? . If you had a moment could you check out my new post?
    http://simplyeasierliving.blogspot.com/
    I also just followed you on Bloglovin', if you could do the same!
    Thanks
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I used my phone camera for these pics, I have a Samsung Galaxy S3. :)
      I will do, thank you!
      Love, Lilly

      Delete